Spring will be here in less than a month! Here are some tips to prevent spring ant infestations.
1) Seal any cracks and crevices that lead into the home, as ants will find these small spaces and use them as entry points into your home
2) Trim bushes and plants that grow close to or against the house, as these will attract ants, which may then find a way into your house
3) Spray insecticide and scrub around possible entry points for ants into your home.
4) Correct moisture problems around the home, i.e. plumbing, leaky roofs. Pay special attention to wet or rotting wood, as these attract carpenter ants.
5) Paint or seal exposed wood before it comes wet. Remove dead stumps from your property.
Like our facebook page here for more valuable pest-prevention tips!
For concrete advice I highly advise readers to check out The Bed Bug Survival Guide by Jeff Eisenberg, Principal of Pest Away Exterminating .
or Call us at Pest Away Exterminating at 212-721-2521.