Regular Preventative Treatments
- Cover your mattress, box spring and pillow with our tested and approved Bed Bug Certified Covers.
- Detect the problem early, know the signs of a bed bug infestation.
- Don’t deny the symptoms of bed bugs; act immediately.
- Learn how to protect yourself when traveling.
- Vacuum on a regular basis and properly dispose of the vacuum bag.
The best way to deal with the growing bed bug epidemic is prevent it. It is extremely difficult to completely protect yourself from introducing bed bugs into your home, but there are a number of things you can do to prevent an infestation or detect a problem early.
- One of the most important preventive measures is to cover all mattresses, box springs (if applicable) and pillows with special Bed Bug Certified Covers. These coverings create a barrier prevent bed bugs from entering and exiting. Made from double stretch, knit, insulate base with zipper lock and impervious zipper enclosure, they are also very soft, comfortable and very breathable.
- Place CLIMBUP™ Bed Bug Interceptors under the legs of your bed. This will trap any bed bugs crawling up and down the legs of your bed into the product's inescapable well.
- Spray Rest Easy Luggage Spray on all luggage. This is an excellent new product that was manufactured specifically for travelers and significantly reduces the risk of picking up bed bugs on luggage. Spray luggage, gym bags and garment bags on both the interior and exterior to kill and repel bed bugs from entering.
- Avoid buying used furniture and do not pick up furniture off the street.
- Vacuum weekly around the bed and headboard with a canister, bagged vacuum. The vacuum bag should be discarded after each use so that the bed bugs don't crawl out. The Oreck Canister Vacuum is an excellent, quality vacuum, which we sell at a heavily discounted, wholesale rate (compared to the same model on the Oreck site).
- Use Steri-Fab around the bed and headboard on a weekly basis. This non-carcinogenic, contact killer will kill bed bugs on the spot. It is great for use throughout the year